There is nothing quite like a bath. Bath bombs—those magical chunks of good-smelling stuff that explode into colorful fizz in your bathtub— are therefore an epic gift for yourself or someone else on any occasion. But let's be honest. Store-bought bath bombs are pricy and typically come packaged in a bunch of non-recyclable landfill-bound plastic. Another unfortunate thing is the fact that many stores will put synthetic fragrances and additives in the bombs, making the bombs not so clean (for your body) or green (for the planet). Fear not, however— there is good news! If you are to embark on your own DIY journey, you will find that the majority of your needed bath bomb ingredients can be found at an affordable price, package-free, and 100% vegan and organic. An added bonus is the fact that when DIYing your own bath bombs, you have the opportunity to customize your scent, color and shape.
Are you ready to make some Eco Goddess bath bombs? 🙂 This recipe was done in collaboration with Stasher Bags, the #plasticfree, endlessly reusable and totally badass storage bags on a mission. Eco Goddess uses Stashers for many waste-free endeavors throughout the day. Peep some favorite examples below!
Makes 2 bath bombs (although depends on your mold!)
- Baking Soda 1/2 cup
- Citric Acid 1/4 cup
- Cornstarch 1/4 cup
- Epsom Salt 1/4 cup
- Castor Oil (or any vegetable oil) 2 tbsp
- Essential Oil 1 tsp
- 1 Stasher Bag (use code ECOGODDESS at checkout for 15% off!)
- Pour your dry ingredients into a bowl. Begin mixing your dry ingredients with a whisk.
- Add in your color. For natural dye, we recommend beetroot powder, blue spirulina, or green spirulina.
- Now begin combining your wet ingredients in a separate bowl. In terms of how much or how little essential oil, we recommend 10 - 15 drops.
- Take your wet ingredients and slowly whisk into your dry ingredients.
- Once your mixture if fully mixed, you are ready to transfer it into your mold of choice. Pack it into the mold well.
- Put your bath bomb filled molds into the fridge for 45 - 60 minutes. If you are finding you bath bomb is a little crumble, consider adding 1 - 4 teaspoons of water. Do so slowly so as not to activate your mixture.
- Once your bomb is ready, throw into your tub and enjoy! Note your bomb will not stain you or your tub 🙂
*Store in the fridge
Happy bath bombin' & stashin'