When you are eating a low carb high fat diet, or keto diet, fat bombs are a wonderful way to get healthy fats into your diet. Some of my other favorite sources of fat include avocados or full fat coconut milk. You will notice that healthy, rich sources of fat like these foods I mentioned satisfy your hunger.
Fat bombs make a great sugar free snack as well. Since I have been following the candida diet, I have been actively seeking out ways I can enjoy my favorite foods (chocolate, chocolate, and oh did I mention chocolate?) minus the sugar. I discovered fat bombs at my dear friend Karen Solomon's home. I visit her often to help her with her business, and I always head straight to her freezer where she stores them.
Crunchy & Chocolaty
These rich chocolaty treats have the perfect crunch because of the cacao nibs and coconut flakes. For a savory touch, I invite you to add on your favorite nut butter if you feel so inspired. The other day I made homemade coconut whipped cream and it was DIVINE.
You are welcome to adjust the sweetness in your fat bombs. I am using monk sugar, and the amount I use in this recipe is perfect for my taste buds. Not too sweet, not too bitter.
Makes approx. 30 fat bombs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup roasted almond butter
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder (add more to make it even chocolatier)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon monk sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- Mix coconut oil, almond butter, cacao powder, almond extract, vanilla extract, and monk sugar together.
- Add in coconut flakes and cacao nibs. With a tablespoon, fill little glass containers or a reusable silicon mold, putting 1 tablespoonful in each. Store in freezer.